Wednesday 26 October 2016

Zani with steel plate helmet

I'd had enough of serfdom, told them where to shove their fiefdom, I was born to be wild, trombone on my back, a one man joculator, minstrel of ill-repute. Castle gigs, Peasants revolts, battlefields, rescuing damsels in distress, I did the lot. I was the minstrel history ignored, fake news in glowing Armour, Robin of Locksley got more coverage than I. Speeding through the forest on my Ducati Hypermotard. Hell had all the best angels and I met them on the dark side. No one horse King or whinging Sheriff could catch me. Superstition worked for me, castle walls fell at one blast of my brass. I was the Phantom of the Opera, with no known Opera. I was Harlequin, Zani, I invented the Commedia dell'arte but I was no 'stock character', I forged the role on the run. No syncopated Saint, I was polyphonic jazz, Gregorian chant with power bass! I'm the legend they'll never tell you about, the threat to serfdom they couldn't handle, I was the motorbike Zani with steel plate helmet!

Words by Trev Teasdel

Inspired by the paintings of talented artist Adrian Borda
Artist | Professional | Traditional Art
Romania which can be seen here http://borda.deviantart.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment