Wednesday 26 October 2016

The Hippocratic Oath

The Hippocratic Oath

I qualified in Hypocrisy at a quarter past eleven. I was the hippest hypocrite my hippy friends had ever seen. I took the Hippocratic oath and turned it on its head. I studied in the age of Pericles and drank with Hippocrates's wife. She admired me for my intellect but we slipped beneath the sheets of right and wrong. I had a double Martini followed by a double entendre. I was a double of myself in reverse. I taught ethics for the day job and slept on the job at night. I tasted her delights and read everyone their rights. I could preach and eat the peach on a bedroll on the beach. I got caught down in the alley and chased out of ‘Harper Valley’. I met up with Miley and Jeannie C Riley and the rest is just hypocrisy.....

Text by Trev Teasdel

Listen to it on this video- 

Or listen to on Stockton Digital Village Podcast here 
http://stocktondigital.co.uk/blog/podcast/the-hippocratic-oath/

Graphic specially created by Middlesbrough artist Adrian Moule.






No comments:

Post a Comment