Wednesday 26 October 2016

The Sun Fell in the Garden Today

The Sun Fell in the Garden Today
The sun fell in the garden today. Hosed it down, it was so hot, threw it some soap, it scrubbed up well. We talked about what it felt like to be an ancient God. "They called me Ra", he said "but that's not my real name. I have lots of brothers and sisters scattered all around. We just do what we were born to do - it's no big deal, we all have our place, all of us have our calling." I asked the Sun what it thought of the European Elections, "You human beings think small, there's more to the universe than a few strutting chickens. The meaning of life does not depend on these options - you're finite beings in and infinite world - it's no big deal in the scheme of things - think out of those little boxes of yours.". The sun was full of bounce and kicked around for a bit, he dried off some of the washing, held off the rain while I mowed the lawn. "How did they build the Pyramids?" I asked but the sun had to deal with some quarrelsome clouds. "There's so much i could tell you - but your little brains wouldn't comprehend." I put on my raincoat and waved goodbye and hid in the Pyramid that the sun left in my garden.

Text by Trev Teasdel

No comments:

Post a Comment